The government has spent MVR 814 million on COVID-19 related expenses.
A report published by the Finance Ministry shows that a total of MVR 814 million Rufiyaa was spent on COVID-19 related expenses. Out of this 91.2 percent was spent by the Health Ministry and National Disaster Management Authority(NDMA). The report shows this is a 22 percent increase compared to the previous week.
According to the report, the expenses are as follows:
- Testing and PPE equipment: MVR 389 Million
- Ventilator purchase, Isolation facility and medical treatment: MVR 187 Million
- Food expense for the homeless: MVR 110 Million
- Establishment of quarantine facilities, isolation facilities and medical facilities: MVR 54 Million
- Maintenance and transportation:MVR 10 million
So far, the highest expenses were incurred by the NDMA. The authority spent 525 million Rufiyaa while the Health Ministry spends 136 million Rufiyaa. The remaining was spent on other expense. While the following two authorities are the only establishment who handle COVID-19 expenses.